|What it does||Allows you to upgrade a building from lvl9 to lvl10.|
One Divine Inspiration item is required for upgrading each of your buildings to level 10 - the item will be consumed by the upgrade.
Ways to Get Divine Inspiration
Buy with Gems
Divine Inspiration may be purchased from the Shop tab. Choose the General section, and click on the link in the top right corner to go to page 2 of the tab.
Each Divine Inspiration costs 45 gems. Gems may be purchased using real money at a rate of 10 gems = $0.50. Each Divine Inspiration will cost $4.5 this way.
Buy a Chest
On the Shop tab, select the Chest tab and locate the Divine Ascension chest. This chest contains 5 Divine Inspiration items.
Each Divine Ascension chest costs 200 gems, or $20 in real money. Each Divine Inspiration costs $4 this way.
Win a Tournament
The Tournament of Might awards gems to the top 5 players by might on a new Domain. The Tournament also awards a single Divine Inspiration item to each of the players in places 50-100. This Tournament runs at random times on domains, usually very soon after the domain has started. This method will only work for the best players on a new server.
The Tournament of Crests awards gems to the top 5 players who have collected the most Crests during the tournament. This Tournament does not award Divine Inspiration items directly at all. This tournament was released at the end of February, 2010. This method also favors the best players who can repeatedly conquer high-level wilderness spaces to try to win Crests.
Finishing a city deed quest
Find in a dark forest
You can find them. In ... dark forests.
Make in fey spire
You can make them. In... fey spires.
Get lucky with Merlin's Boxes
It is possible to win a Divine Inspiration item from the daily Merlin's Magical Boxes game. The odds of winning are very low, but it has happened for a few people.
In practice, the majority of people who have played this game for over a month, playing Merlin's Magical Boxes twice every day, have not seen even a single Divine Inspiration reward. The odds of winning appear to be around 1 in 728 or 0.137%. Do not count on a steady supply of these items this way.
Due to updates, Merlin has restocked the boxes for a higher chance to win rare items.
Or get luckier...
I was lucky enough to be in a domain that was shut down for a day, when i logged back in the following day Kingdoms of Camelot gave me a free Divine Inspiration. Along with many recent problems, Kabam has given out one free Divine Ispiration, along with an Authurs Hourglass and 3-Day Vacation Mode after this message was sent out
- A Gift From Us
We would like to thank all of our players for bearing through the recent game performance issues by giving out a Divine Inspiration, Arthur's Hourglass, and 3 Day Vacation Mode. We continually strive to create a positive game experience for our players, and over the past few days we have made some changes that have increased game stability and performance. We still have some work to do, and you should see more improvements soon. Your free gift will appear in your inventory in the next few hours.
Thanks for playing!
Just say no
The reality is, this game makes money by advertisements, and by convincing people to buy their way to level 10 with cash. There is only one significant aspect of the game that would be missed by stopping growth at level 9: Catapults. Building Catapults requires: lvl.10 Barracks (1 DI), lvl.10 Fletching, lvl.10 Geometry, lvl.10 Alchemy Lab (1 DI, to research at lvl.10) and lvl.10 Workshop (1 DI, to research Geometry). That's a total of 3 Divine Inspiration items, or $15 cash, just to build catapults. (Note that players will get 3 DI's in total for building cities 5, 6, and 7.)
Most players do not bother with level 10 construction. It is possible to enjoy the game, and to excel at it, without building a single level 10 building. So just hope you get lucky with Merlin's Boxes, and otherwise don't worry about it.
How to Use Divine Inspiration
Once you get yourself a Divine Inspiration all you have to do is to get your building up to level 9. The moment you are able to build the level 10 version you will realize that the requirement window changes a little bit to show a new requirement. All you have to do now is to get the resources together and press Build. The game will stop you to ask if you are sure you want to spend a DI on the building that you have requested.
Level 10 Advice
If you are lucky enough to get a Divine Inspiration by playing Merlin's Boxes, or simply by purchasing it with gems, you might be wondering what you should use it on to gain the maximum advantage from your purchase. Here are a few suggestions to help you along:
Upgrading your Castle to level 10 will give you the following advantages:
- You will gain 3 more resource fields. This will be particularly useful in feeding your growing army (a common problem for high level players). Thus gaining 3 more lvl 9 farms is rather valuable.
- Note: Now that Kabam has implemented Barbarian Raids, it has become easy to gain massive amounts of food without having to be on for extended periods of time. It may be more beneficial to build mines for the extra ore.
- You may now control 1 more wilderness, bringing you up to a total of 10 vs. 9 with a level 9 Castle. Another nice way to boost your food production!
- Your city will now appear white instead of gray both on the general map and in your city and field maps. Not much 'use' per se, but always a fun way to show off!
Upgrading your Alchemy Lab will unlock the next level of research for all categories which can provide a great advantage!
Please bear in mind however that some research will require further level 10 upgrades (particularly Fertilizer, Logging, Stoneworking and Mining, will each require a level 10 resource field of the appropriate type: eg. lvl 10 Farm for lvl 10 Fertilizer).
Here is a list of the research you can do without any further Divine Inspiration purchases:
- Eagle Eyes
- Poisoned Edge
- Featherweight Powder
- Magical Mapping
- Healing Potions
- Giant's Strength
Walls, Rally Point, Watchtower, Storehouse
After the main two (Castle and Alchemy Lab) your next priority depends largely on your playstyle.
If you play defensively and tend to get attacked a lot you may wish to improve your wall (for an additional 1,000,000 durability and 10,000 extra defensive slots) and your Storehouse (so that you may protect 1,000,000 resources of each type).
PvP junkie - KoC Warlord
If you love battling it out with other players you may wish to upgrade your Rally Point (to be able to send out up to 10 armies with 100,000 troops each. An "Aura of Command" will increase your maximum troop limit by 25%, so if you have a level 10 Rally Point and an "Aura of Command" you can send up to 125,000 troops in ONLY 1 trip.)
What about the rest?
What you upgrade beyond this point is up to you. Resource fields, Blacksmith, Stable and Workshop will all open up extra research for you (provided your Alchemy Lab is already at level 10) so you may wish to consider them if you have the the Divine Inspirations to spare. Out of these, farms would be the obvious choice to further boost food production.
Some buildings however hardly seem worth upgrading, depending on your play style and might level
- Knights' Hall - 10 extra xp per hour is nice but it hardly makes a big difference unless you consider the benefits of your knight's gaining exp faster than your enemies. A lvl 10 Knight hall will help your knights catch up to people who started the game before you, and pull ahead of people who started playing after you. Your steward's skill lvl plays a major role in how many resources you can produce too. Since dark forests came there is less value to this, knights can train up by defeating DFs much faster, achieving the maximum skill points of 255 in days or weeks rather than months or years.
- Embassy - An extra 300,000 cats reinforcement can make all the difference... or can it?
- Market - More transactions are good, but most people have ripped out their markets by the time they have spare DIs.
- Tavern - 1 happiness is not really worth a Divine Inspiration - even if you have any taverns left.
- Relief Station - 0.5x speed increase doesn't make such a huge difference. Of course this actually depends on how often you reinforce allies or send troops and resources between your cities so you may find that it is a worthy improvement for you.
- Barracks - The only advantage to getting your Barracks to level 10 is the ability to train catapults. However in order to do that you also need a lvl 10 Alchemy Lab and Workshop as well as having completed training lvl 10 Fletching and Geometry. Catapults are very hungry, but are an essential part of the game at high might levels.